I know we have been suspiciously quiet in the last few months , so a quick update
Blue Pearl has been for sale and is now ‘under contract’ , meaning that we have accepted an offer on Blue Pearl and we are now getting her ready to deliver to Aruba where the new owners will take possession (covid-19 and acts of gods exclusions are included in the contract so please everyone ‘think happy thoughts’ !)
We have been a actively searching for another boat and may have found one in Greece , a first visit and inspection have been done and we have arranged for a full blown survey this friday . I hope I didnt just jinx it so again ‘think happy thoughts!’
Then if all goes as planned we set sail to Aruba in 4-5 weeks while waiting for the best possible weather window, hand over our trusted Blue Pearl after arrival (and 2 weeks of quarantine) to the new owners , fly to Europe
Since we originally wrote this post a lot has happened !
First , Our wonderful Blue Pearl has indeed been sold , a great family from the Yukon region in Canada has decided to escape the cold and fly to Aruba to take possession!
Second , we found another boat and signed a contract for it ! Its currently in Greece and we are looking forward to continue our adventure from the east Mediterranean (Greece , Turkey , ???)
Third , we have plans to share our experiences with others 😉 , we cant elaborate too much but we’ll keep you posted
Fourth, we need a new name for our new boat ! Its white , so no more ‘Blue’ Pearl ? Who knows !