Are you dreaming about going long term cruising with your family ? , (but you do not know what you are getting yourself and your family into ?)
Or have you maybe already made the decision to go cruising but have not yet had the full ‘live aboard’ experience ? , why don’t you and your family join us on our beautiful spacious 2017 Lagoon 42 for a week for a fantastic confidence building experience !
Come join us for a week and pick our brains , experience first hand what it is like to cruise around , plan for weather windows, do an overnight sail , fix , service and repair stuff (yes, things will break down !) home/boat-school the kids , provision for long cruises , catch your own food and of course socializing with other sailors and sailing families and watch the sun go down.
We are not sailing instructors !!
we are not offering any sailing lessons , although you are welcome to take control of the boat and we will certainly give you tips. By now we have some 30.000 nautical miles between us and in the last 3 years we sailed from the Med , Spain , Balearic islands to Panama via Morocco , Canary Islands , Cape Verdes , French Guyana , Tobago, Trinidad , Tobago Cays , Grenada , St Lucia up the island chain to Dominica down to Bonaire , Colombia , Guna Yala / San Blas Panama , Aruba on our Blue Pearl and are now ready to start again from the East Med on our new to us “Blue Pearl Too” !
During these last years we have gained a lot of experience that we would love to share with like minded families that are unsure whether or not this is ‘the lifestyle’ for you ! Or maybe you are very sure this is the lifestyle for you and you want to now experience it on a lagoon 450 F !
Is it always white sandy beaches and sunshine ?
No, and we do not just paint the rosy picture , we do not always see the world through rose tinted glasses but we promise to give you the good and the sometimes not so good experiences we have had . Although I will readily admit that we have not had any ‘bad’ experiences so don’t expect horror stories !
So what are we offering during your stay with us ?
* A true and great experience what it is like to cruise full time
* Catamaran manoeuvring and handling
* Regular maintenance on sailing yacht systems
* Tips on ‘power on board’ , how to do a ‘power audit’ to ensure you have enough power to comfortably cruise with solar, generator, wind, battery systems (lead vs lithium) , electrics etc
* Using the VHF
* Safety on board
* Night sailing and keeping watch
* We are actively sailing and frequently do longer passages
* Planning long passages and weather
* Checking in and out of countries
* Anchoring, mooring and docking skills
* Home/Boat schooling tips
* Provisioning , on board food storage and cooking tips
* Managing your waste on board
* Discuss your plans and we’ll try help you put together any missing pieces (we’ve been in the planning stage and know how tough it is!)
* Monohull vs Catamaran , we sailed both and can objectively discuss the differences
And of course beautiful surroundings , beaches , small villages and towns , and sailing where we are at the moment
Where are we so you can join us ?
2021 – Canary Islands , Senegal, Gambia , Cape Verdes
2022 – January Cross the Atlantic from Cape Verdes to French Guyana, Suriname , Tobago , SVG , Aruba , Bonaire , Curacao , Colombia , San Blas Panama
2023 – ???
You would love to do this but we , and “Blue Pearl Too” , are just not in the right location ?
don’t worry , over the last few years we met many great cruising families and some offer the same we do , and happen to be in different locations right now (some are in the Caribbean , some are in the US and some are in french polynesia) . Just drop us a note and we will happily forward your contact details to any of those families in a location more suitable to your needs.
Sail with us
- Per Couple €3,500 /per week Includes all meals on board, double cabin with private en-suite head.
- Single Occupancy €2,500 /per week Includes all meals, double cabin with private en-suite heads
- Children 5-11 €350 /per week Includes all meals on board, double cabin
- Teenager (12-17) €500 /per week Includes all meals, double cabin